The first meeting of the Sudan National Committee was held at the HQ of Sudapet Company on March 15th, 2015. Out of the eight members of the committee six were present. The meeting was chaired by Mrs Shahd Eltai.
Many activities were proposed to fulfill the objectives of the event. The activities are categorized into:
- Children activities will include a Sudan participation in the Barbara Petchenik map competition for children and to organize it and to handle nominations for entry to the competition. Furthermore, a simplified Sudan atlas oriented for children and other activities to be held in schools were discussed.
- Professional activities which will be a national map competition, a map exhibition and short lectures program.
- Activities for public which will be a national map day and writing about the IMY in the media (newspapers, Facebook, etc.).
- Networking and fund raising.
For each activity responsibilites and details were defined:
- Map Exhibition: Dr. Eltaib Gnawa, Dr. Yahya Hassan
- Map Day: Dr. Eltaib Gnawa, Eng. Wadidi, Shahd
- Map Competition for Experts: Dr. Salma, Shahd
- Children Activities (activities to be organized and held in schools by the start of the school year): Dr. Shadia, Mrs. Niema, Shahd
- Translation of the book The World of Maps into Arabic: A team to translate the book under the supervision of Dr. Yahya
- Short Lectures Program: The lectures will be held and organized by all the committee members , Mrs. Shahd will coordinate and spread the invitations.
- Map Atlas for Children: Fairoz Elobied, Shahd
- E-newsletter: Shahd
- Press and social media: Eng. Wadidi, Eng. Ihab Sholly
- Networking and Funding: Eng. Wadidi, Shahd
– Shahd Eltai