We are happy to announce that the Portuguese translation of The World of Maps is available for download.
The World of Maps is a free e-book produced to accompany the International Map Year. The perspective of the book is to broaden the knowledge of cartography and geographic information among the general public and especially among school children.
The translation to (Brazilian) Portuguese was carried out by 22 members of the Brazilian community of cartographers from several institutions, namely:
- Andrea Lopes Iescheck (UFRGS)
- Silvana Philippi Camboim (UFPR)
- Antônio José Berutti Vieira (UFPR)
- Marcio Augusto Reolon Schmidt (UFU)
- Nelson Marisco (UFAL)
- Claudia Robbi Sluter (UFPR)
- Maria Cecilia Brandalize (UFPR)
- Edmilson Martinho Volpi (SEMA-SP)
- Luciene Delazari (UFPR)
- Paulo Menezes / Manoel Fernandes (UFRJ)
- Henrique Firkowski (UFPR)
- Mônica Cristina de Castro (UFPR)
- Carlos Aurélio Nadal (UFPR)
- Rodrigo Augusto Quirino (Furnas)
- Carlos Eduardo Ferreira / Rodrigo Batista Lobato (UERJ)
- José Augusto Sapienza Ramos (UERJ)
- Valéria Oliveira Henrique de Araújo (IBGE)
- João Vitor Meza Bravo (UFPR)
- Lucilene Antunes Correia Marques de Sá (UFPE)
- Vivian de Oliveira Fernandes (UFBA)
- Marília Minatel (UFPR)
Muito obrigado to everyone of them!
More translations are under preparation and will be published within the course of the year.