There are lots of resources you can use to organize your local International Map Year events. Take a look at the links below to find things that might help you!
- National Geographic Society Teaching Resources Find multimedia activities, lessons, and units aligned with national standards.
- Geography Awareness Week Check out the newly created archive of past Geography Awareness Week materials, a new suite of resources all about Geography as a field and discipline, and even more tips and tools to plan your own GeoWeek celebrations!
- GIS Day Resources for Hosts Resources to promote your event and a set of activities to use during your event.
- Esri Education Community Links to exchange ideas, lesson plans, and learn and develop skills.
- Esri Education Community Instructional Resources Geographic Information Systems (GIS) can help learners of all ages and academic disciplines understand the world around them. GIS helps students and teachers engage in studies that promote critical thinking, integrated learning, and multiple intelligences.
- AAG Education The AAG has a long history of initiating and leading projects designed to enhance the quality of geography education at all levels. We currently offer award-winning materials for teaching geography, online modules for international collaborative learning, and tools for student projects in sustainable development.
- Cartographic Perspectives The open access journal of the North American Cartographic Information Society (NACIS) and is devoted to the study and practice of Cartography in all of its diversity.
- CartoTalk A public forum for cartography and design.
- Mapping Center Mapping Center is dedicated to helping you make great maps with ArcGIS! We do this by introducing you to the same concepts and techniques that professional cartographers use. Our goal is our users’ demonstrated success in cartographic information design and presentation!
- Taylor & Francis IMY Research Collection In support of the International Map Year (IMY), Taylor and Francis offers free access to a collection of leading mapping and cartographic research papers until the end of December 2015.
- MapLift Help NACIS and FixWikiMaps building new maps for Wikipedia.
You know further useful cartographic resources, which should be added to this list?
Please let us know!